Like your skin, lips too need special care and attention during winter.
Here is how you can take care of your lips during winter;
- First and foremost, like your skin, your lips also need hydration. So, do not cut out on water, fruits and vegetables just because one doesn’t feel very thirsty in winters.
- Apply petroleum jelly regularly to keep your lips soft and pink.
- Glycerin is also a good home remedy for excessive dry patches on your skin.
- If you have dry lips, avoid using matte lipsticks. Instead use more creamy or sheer textures.
- Apply shea butter even during the day.
- Apply coconut oil regularly on your lips during winters to prevent them from drying and flaking.
- Vitamin E-based lip balms are a good source of anti-oxidants and help maintain texture of lips.
- For dry chapped lips, use honey and sugar scrub made at home as it removes dryness and honey keeps it nourished and soft.